Writing Academic English, Fourth Edition (The Longman Academic Writing Series, Level 4)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Alice Oshima;Ann Hogue
- Publish Date: 2006-10-27
Now in its fourth edition, Writing Academic English , by Alice Oshima and Ann Hogue, is the essential writing text to prepare high-intermediate and advanced college or college-bound English language learners for academic success.
- A step-by-step approach guides students through the process of writing paragraphs and essays.
- Clear models and varied practice help students to develop confidence and a mature writing style.
- Examples with academic content prime students for college work.
- Appendices offer easy reference for key writing, grammar, and research information.
Â New to the Fourth Edition
- A chapter dedicated to each pattern of essay organization
- A chapter on argumentation and using material from outside sources
- Thought-provoking readings from authentic sources
- An expanded chapter on summary and paraphrase
- Instruction in the basics of research and documentation
Writing Academic English is also available with CriterionSM Publisher's Version, which provides instantÂ online feedback on student writing:Â
Students simply submit their writing online and instantly receive personalized feedback on: Grammar, Usage, Style, Mechanics, Organization, and Development (essays only). Students can turn in better writing, and teachers can save time spent correcting drafts.
Click on the Resources link to order the edition with CriterionSM Publisher's Version
Â The Longman Academic Writing Series also includes:
- Level 1 Fundamentals of Academic Writing
- Level 2 First Steps in Academic Writing, Second Edition
- Level 3 Introduction to Academic Writing, Third Edition