Maternal-Child Nursing, 5e
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Emily Slone McKinney MSN RN C;Susan R. James PhD MSN RN;Sharon Smith Murray MSN RN C;Kristine Nelson RN MN;Jean Ashwill MSN RN
- Publish Date: 2017-03-22
Easily master maternity and pediatric nursing care with Maternal-Child Nursing, 5th Edition. This easy-to-read text is filled with a wealth of user-friendly features to help you quickly master essential concepts and skills. It offers completely updated content - including expanded information on the late preterm infant, fetal heart rate pattern identification, obesity in the pregnant woman and children, and enhanced coverage of the QSEN initiative. It also features an abundance of active learning tools so you have ample opportunities to practice applying your knowledge and skills.
- Nursing care plans help you apply the nursing process to plan individualized care for the most common maternity and pediatric conditions.
- Critical to Remember boxes summarize and highlight essential, need-to-know information.
- Critical Thinking Exercises allow you to apply your knowledge to realistic clinical situations.
- Communication Cues provide practical tips for effective verbal and nonverbal communication with patients and families.
- Clinical Reference sections in pediatric chapters present information relevant to each body system, including anatomy and physiology, differences in the pediatric patient, and related laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Safety Alerts call attention to important patient safety considerations for better outcomes of nursing care.
- Glossary at the end of the book offers quick access to all key terms and definitions presented in the text.
- Want to Know boxes provide teaching guidelines such as communication guides directed at patients and families.
- Pathophysiology boxes present an illustrated overview of disorders.
- Updated drug guides summarize key medication information.
- NEW! Completely updated content includes expanded information on the late preterm infant, fetal heart rate pattern identification, obesity in the pregnant woman and children, and the QSEN initiative.
- UPDATED! Evidence-Based Practice boxes with newly researched topics offer the most current practice guidelines to promote quality care.
- UPDATED! Online resources offer the best interactive tools to learn in the most effective way possible.
- NEW! Improved consistency between maternity and pediatric sections makes it easier to switch from one area to the other for more efficient learning.