- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Bernard M. Bass;Ronald E. Riggio
- Publish Date: 2005-10-07
Transformational Leadership, Second Edition is intended for both the scholars and serious students of leadership. It is a comprehensive review of theorizing and empirical research that can serve as a reference and starting point for additional research on the theory.
It can be used as a supplementary textbook in an intense course on leadership - or as a primary text in a course or seminar focusing on transformational leadership.
New in the Second Edition:
- New, updated examples of leadership have been included to help illustrate the concepts, as well as show the broad range of transformational leadership in a variety of settings.
- New chapters have been added focusing specifically on the measurement of transformational leadership and transformational leadership and effectiveness.
- The discussion of both predicators and effects of transformational leadership is greatly expanded.
- Much more emphasis is given to authentic vs. inauthentic transformational leadership.
- Suggestions are made for guiding the future of research and applications of transformational leadership.
- A greatly expanded reference list is included.