A Guide to Better Movement: The Science and Practice of Moving With More Skill And Less Pain
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Todd R. Hargrove
- Publish Date: 2014-05-21
A Guide to Better Movement is a resource for movement professionals, athletes, chronic pain sufferers, and anyone else who wants to move better and feel better.
The book offers a clear and practical look at emerging science related to the brain's role in movement and pain. It will forever change the way you look at movement.Â
In it, you will learn:Â
- the essential qualities of movements that are healthy and efficient;Â
- why good movement requires healthy maps in the brain;
- why pain is sometimes more about self-perception than tissue damage or injury;
- the science behind mind-body practices;Â
- general principles that can be used to improve any movement practice; and
- 25 illustrated and simple movement lessons to help you move better and feel better.