Contested Knowledge: Social Theory Today
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Steven Seidman
- Publish Date: 2012-08-13
Attention : For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
In the fifth edition Contested Knowledge, social theorist Steven Seidman presents the latest topics in social theory and addresses the current shift of 'universalist theorists' to networks of clustered debates.
- Responds to current issues, debates, and new social movements
- Reviews sociological theory from a contemporary perspective
- Reveals how the universal theorist and the era of rival schools has been replaced by networks of clustered debates that are relatively 'autonomous' and interdisciplinary
- Features updates and in-depth discussions of the newest clustered debates in social theoryâintimacy, postcolonial nationalism, and the concept of 'the other'
- Challenges social scientists to renew their commitment to the important moral and political role social knowledge plays in public life
- Accompanied by a companion website for students at www.wiley.com/go/seidman featuring chapter outlines and useful web links; an instructor site can also be accessed which features password-protected PowerPoint teaching slides