The Sustainability Mindset: Using the Matrix Map to Make Strategic Decisions
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Steve Zimmerman;Jeanne Bell
- Publish Date: 2014-10-13
The Matrix Mapâa powerful tool for nonprofit strategic decision-making
Nonprofit sustainability lies at the intersection of exceptional impact and financial viability. The Sustainability Mindset offers nonprofit professionals and board members a step-by-step guide to move your organization towards this intersection. As outlined in the bestselling book Nonprofit Sustainability, The Matrix Map is an accessible framework that combines financial and programmatic goals into an integrated strategy. In this next-step resource, the authors detail a rigorous process to develop a meaningful Matrix Map and engage leadership in setting an organization's strategy.
Nonprofits that thrive in today's environment are adaptable with a clear understanding of their impact and business model. This book offers nonprofit boards and staff a framework to do so. Drawing on their in-depth experience, the authors provide an easy-to-follow process complete with tools and templates to help organizations visualize their business model and engage in strategic inquiry. The book provides a variety of illustrative examples to show how the Matrix Map works for all types of organizations. Nonprofit executives and board member are sure to benefit from The Matrix Map analysis.
- Offers step-by-step guidance for creating a Matrix-Map, a visual representation of an organization's business model
- Helps organizations assess how each of their programs contributes toward their desired impact and their financial bottom-line.
- Filled with compelling examples of how The Matrix Map helps nonprofits with strategic decision-making
- Written by the coauthors of the groundbreaking book Nonprofit Sustainability
This comprehensive resource will give any nonprofit the framework they need to make decisions for sustainability and the templates and tools to implement it and help leaders address the challenges inherent in balancing mission impact with financial viability.