- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Christine Bresnahan;Richard Blum
- Publish Date: 2015-09-15
Learn Linux, and take your career to the next level!
Linux Essentials, 2nd Edition provides a solid foundation of knowledge for anyone considering a career in information technology, for anyone new to the Linux operating system, and for anyone who is preparing to sit for the Linux Essentials Exam. Through this engaging resource, you can access key information in a learning-by-doing style. Hands-on tutorials and end-of-chapter exercises and review questions lead you in both learning and applying new informationâinformation that will help you achieve your goals! With the experience provided in this compelling reference, you can sit down for the Linux Essentials Exam with confidence.
An open source operating system, Linux is a UNIX-based platform that is freely updated by developers. The nature of its development means that Linux is a low-cost and secure alternative to other operating systems, and is used in many different IT environments. Passing the Linux Essentials Exam prepares you to apply your knowledge regarding this operating system within the workforce.
- Access lessons that are organized by task, allowing you to quickly identify the topics you are looking for and navigate the comprehensive information presented by the book
- Discover the basics of the Linux operating system, including distributions, types of open source applications, freeware, licensing, operations, navigation, and more
- Explore command functions, including navigating the command line, turning commands into scripts, and more
- Identify and create user types, users, and groups
Linux Essentials, 2nd Edition is a critical resource for anyone starting a career in IT or anyone new to the Linux operating system.