Negotiate the Best Lease for Your Business
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Janet Portman Attorney;Fred S. Steingold Attorney
- Publish Date: 2005-08-01
When it comes to business, there is no standard lease!
Ready to haggle for the best deal possible? Turn to Negotiate the Best Lease for Your Business,-- you'll find the information, advice and strategies you need when negotiating with an experienced landlord.
This practical handbook explains how to analyze space needs, find the ideal location and then get the best possible terms. Learn how to:
- determine the real cost of renting
- keep future rent at manageable levels
- get the most out of your broker and attorney
- suggest alternatives to hefty security deposits
- allocate responsibility and cost of fixing up your space
- negotiate flexibility to expand, renew or leave early
- ensure costs are shared fairly among tenants
- avoid dealing with costly code compliance and clean-ups
- save your lease if you can't live up to it now and then
Comprehensive and written in plain English, Negotiate the Best Lease for Your Business, is essential for entrepreneurs on the hunt for a fair and workable lease.