Every Landlordâ's Tax Deduction Guide
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Stephen Fishman
- Publish Date: 2013-11-29
The only book on tax deductions specifically for residential landlords!
Named a Top 10 Real Estate Book by Robert Bruss, syndicated real estate columnist
If you own rental property, you should be taking advantage of the many tax write-offs available. Every Landlord's Tax Deduction Guide gives residential landlords the plain-English guide they need to save money on taxes -- without the services of a pricey accounting firm.
This book explains how to maximize your deductions without drawing the ire of the IRS. Find out how to:
- fill out IRS Schedule E
- take real estate tax credits
- figure out if an expense is a repair (deductible) or an improvement (depreciable)
- maximize your depreciation deductions
- deduct losses arising from real estate ownership
- keep proper tax records
- deduct home office, travel, and casualty losses
Every Landlord's Tax Deduction Guide is comprehensive yet easy to read and provides interesting real-world examples. This edition is completely updated for 2013 returns and reflects the latest tax information and numbers.