Success in Practical/Vocational Nursing: From Student to Leader, 7th Edition
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Signe S. Hill;Helen Stephens Howlett
- Publish Date: 2012-09-18
Part of the LPN Threads series, Success in Practical/Vocational Nursing: From Student to Leader, 7th Edition helps you develop the practical knowledge and problem-solving skills you need for a successful career as an LPN/LVN. This edition features up-to-date content that is logically organized with concepts that build on each other as you progress through the material.
- 1-2-3-approach walks you through the steps of what you need to do and how to do it.
- A separate chapter on critical thinking and plentiful critical thinking exercises encourage you to apply your knowledge to solve problems in both academic and personal situations.
- Coverage of Medicare helps you understand the costs of managed care, especially in long-term settings for older adults, and how it affects LPN/LVN practice and patients.
- Keep In Mind boxes prompt you to consider the underlying theme as you read the chapter.
- New Research and Evidence Based Practice chapter addresses topics commonly encountered in LPN/LVN practice.
- New technology content helps you understand the role of simulation in nursing education and the proper etiquette for using electronic devices.
- Content reflects the concepts contained in the most current NCLEX-PN test plan.
- Professional Pointers throughout the text offer valuable advice on expectations in the professional arena during and after nursing school.
- Revised chapter on Health Care Systems reflects the implementation of dramatic changes.
- Updated nutrition and dietary information includes new MyPlate information.
- The latest protocols from the NAPNES, including student confidentiality, keeps you updated on your national association's practice standards.
- Revised, updated, and expanded culture content allows you to provide culturally sensitive care.