Lavin's Radiography for Veterinary Technicians, 5e
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Marg Brown RVT BEd Ad Ed;Lois Brown RTR (Cdn/USA) ACR MSc
- Publish Date: 2013-06-13
Written by veterinary technicians for veterinary students and practicing technicians, Lavinâs Radiography for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition, combines all the aspects of imaging â including production, positioning, and evaluation of radiographs âinto one comprehensive text. Completely updated with all new vivid, color equipment photos, positioning drawings and detailed anatomy drawings, this fifth edition is a valuable resource for students, technicians and veterinarians who need information on the latest technology or unique positioning.
- Broad coverage of radiologic science, physics, imaging and protection provide you with foundations for good technique.
- Positioning photos, radiographic images and anatomical drawings presented side-by-side with text explanation for each procedure increases your comprehension and retention.
- Objectives, key terms, outlines, chapter introductions and key points help you organize information to ensure you understand what is most important in every chapter.
- NEW! More than 1000 new full-color photos and updated radiographic images visually demonstrate the relationship between anatomy and positioning.
- NEW! All-new color anatomy art created by an expert medical illustrator help you to recognize and avoid making imaging mistakes.
- NEW! Non-Manual restraint techniques including sandbags, tape, rope, sponges, sedation and combinations improve your safety and radiation protection.
- NEW! Chapter on dental radiography aids general veterinarian techs and those specializing in dentistry.
- NEW! Increased emphasis on digital radiography, including quality factors and post-processing, keeps you up-to-date on the most recent developments in digital technology.