National Kidney Foundation Primer on Kidney Diseases, 6e (Expert Consult- Online and Print)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Scott Gilbert MD;Daniel E. Weiner MD MS
- Publish Date: 2013-08-30
The National Kidney Foundation Primer on Kidney Diseases is your ideal companion in clinical nephrology! From anatomy, histology, and physiology, through the diagnosis and management of kidney disease, fluid and electrolyte disorders, hypertension, dialysis, and kidney transplantation, this trusted manual from Elsevier and the National Kidney Foundation provides an accessible, efficient overview of kidney diseases thatâs perfect for residency, fellowship, clinical practice, and board review.
- Incorporate the latest NKF Kidney/ Outcome Quality Initiative guidelines on chronic kidney disease staging and management.
- Review the basics with a current and practical review of the anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of kidney disease, fluid and electrolyte disorders, hypertension, dialysis, and renal transplantation.
- Put the latest knowledge to work in your practice with 8 brand-new chapters including kidney development, Â assessment of kidney function in acute and chronic settings, the kidney in malignancy, acute tubular injury and acute tubular Â necrosis, acute interstitial nephritis, Fabry Disease, immunosuppression, and transplant infectious disease, as well as Â comprehensive updates on acute kidney injury, transplant medicine, kidney function and kidney disease in the Â elderly, GFR estimation, biomarkers in kidney disease, recently described pathologic targets in membranous nephropathy, Â minimal change disease, viral nephropathies, and much more! Â
- Get expert advice from a new team of editors, led by Scott Gilbert and Dan Weiner from Tufts University Â School of Medicine, each bringing a fresh perspective and a wealth of clinical experience. Â
- Quickly access the complete contents online at Expert Consult, with fully searchable text, downloadable Â images, and additional figures and graphs.