Greenfield's Surgery: Scientific Principles and Practice
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Michael W Mulholland MD PhD
- Publish Date: 2016-12-13
Attention : For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Revised, updated, and enhanced from cover to cover, the Sixth Edition of Greenfieldâs Surgery: Scientific Principles and Practice remains the gold standard text in the field of surgery. It reflects surgeryâs rapid changes, new technologies, and innovative techniques, integrating new scientific knowledge with evolving changes in surgical care. Updates to this edition include new editors and contributors, and a greatly enhanced visual presentation. Balancing scientific advances with clinical practice, Greenfieldâs Surgery is an invaluable resource for todayâs residents and practicing surgeons.
- Features enhanced, full-color illustrations, clinical photographs, key teaching points, and decision-making algorithms for quick reference to key information.
- Covers general scientific principles such as inflammation, shock, nutrition, pain management, and much more, followed by surgical practice chapters arranged by organ system.
- Introduces two new editors, Hasan Alam, MD and Timothy Pawlik, MD, who bring a fresh perspective and vision to this classic reference.
- Showcases the scientific and clinical expertise of more than 200 contributing authors, each an active practitioner in the field of surgery.
- Includes two new chapters on Obesity and Preoperative Risk Assessment.
- eBook version features over 40 Morbidity and Mortality case discussions and an Interactive Quesiton Bank with nearly 900 questions
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues