Reliability Centered Maintenance â Reengineered: Practical Optimization of the RCM Process with RCM-RÂ®
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Jesus R. Sifonte;James V. Reyes-Picknell
- Publish Date: 2017-04-07
Reliability Centered Maintenance â Reengineered: Practical Optimization of the RCM Process with RCM-RÂ® provides an optimized approach to a well-established and highly successful method used for determining failure management policies for physical assets. It makes the original method that was developed to enhance flight safety far more useful in a broad range of industries where asset criticality ranges from high to low. RCM-RÂ® is focused on the science of failures and what must be done to enable long-term sustainably reliable operations. If used correctly, RCM-RÂ® is the first step in delivering fewer breakdowns, more productive capacity, lower costs, safer operations and improved environmental performance. Maintenance has a huge impact on most businesses whether its presence is felt or not. RCM-RÂ® ensures that the right work is done to guarantee there are as few nasty surprises as possible that can harm the business in any way.
RCM-RÂ® was developed to leverage on RCMâs original success at delivering that effectiveness while addressing the concerns of the industrial market. RCM-RÂ® addresses the RCM method and shortfalls in its application -- It modifies the method to consider asset and even failure mode criticality so that rigor is applied only where it is truly needed. It removes (within reason) the sources of concern about RCM being overly rigorous and too labor intensive without compromising on its ability to deliver a tailored failure management program for physical assets sensitive to their operational context and application. RCM-RÂ® also provides its practitioners with standard based guidance for determining meaningful failure modes and causes facilitating their analysis for optimum outcome.
- Includes extensive review of the well proven RCM method and what is needed to make it successful in the industrial environment
- Links important elements of the RCM method with relevant International Standards for risk management and failure management
- Enhances RCM with increased emphasis on statistical analysis, bringing it squarely into the realm of Evidence Based Asset Management
- Includes extensive, experience based advice on implementing and sustaining RCM based failure management programs