How to Write a Book Proposal
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Michael Larsen
- Publish Date: 2011-04-18
The Source for Book Proposals Success!
How to Write a Book Proposal is THE resource for getting your work published. This newly revised edition of the Writer's Digest Books classic outlines how to create an effective, nonfiction book proposal in a clear, step-by-step manner. You'll learn the keys to a successful book proposal and how to:
- Test-market the potential of a book idea and effectively communicate that potential in a proposal
- Choose the best agents and editors for a particular proposal
- Create a professional-looking proposal package
- Predispose publishers to make their best offer
Notes agent and author Michael Larsen also provides insider insights into the publishing industry as well as a plethora of newly updated information including:
- Recent changes in the publishing industry
- Updated trend information
- New sample proposals
- Expanded instructions for creating outlines
You'll also find complete guidelines to becoming an effective self-promoter. How to Write a Book Proposal is a must-have for every writer!