Modern Colposcopy Textbook and Atlas
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Publish Date: 2011-12-24
Modern Colposcopy, 3rd Edition, has beenÂ updated to include the 2012 American Cancer Society/ASCCP/American Society for Clinical Pathology (ACS/ASCCP/ASCP) primary cervical screening guidelinesÂ and theÂ new 2012/2013 ASCCP updated guidelinesÂ for the management of abnormal cervical cytology and cervical precancer.
The first two editions of this book were published by the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP). This product is considered the standard of colposcopy and has the reputation of being the bestselling educational teaching module for the physician, resident, or advanced practice clinician who wishes to bridge the gap between the obvious need for increased early detection of cervical, vaginal, and vulvar disease and the intensive education required for colposcopy.Â
Modern Colposcopy, 3rd Edition, provides an education about the lower genital tract through the use of colposcopy. This includes the disciplines of pathology, cytology, cytogenetics, preventive medicine, basic research, gynecologic oncology, and endocrinology which are relevant to the understanding of the pathophysiology of the disease processes of the lower genital tract.
- Updated Consensus Guidelines on the Management of Women with Abnormal Cervical Cancer Screening Tests and Cancer Precursors are now available in this edition
- 1,815 color images
- Complete coverage of HPV related diseases, colposcopy and related topics
- Chapters added on adolescents and the expanding field of anal screening, diagnosis of anal HPV related precancer and cancer through high resolution anoscopy and treatment of anal and perianal neoplastic disease
- Companion website that includes fully searchable text, including the new ACS/ASCCP/ASCP updated guidelines