The Complete Guide to Companion Planting: Everything You Need to Know to Make Your Garden Successful (Back to Basics Growing)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Dale Mayer
- Publish Date: 2015-04-30
The idea of companion planting has arisen in the gardening community in recent years as a new take on how plants should situated, grown, and cultivated. Whether you are planting tomatoes and onions or carrots and corn, the proper pairing of your plants can have a major impact on your eventual harvest and the quality of your vegetables.
This book shows you, the avid gardener, everything that you need to know to effectively pair your crops in a way that ensures there are no incompatibilities and that you get the most out of every seed. You will learn the basics of crop rotation and how it has been used since the dawn of cultivation almost 12,000 years ago to maintain the integrity of soil and harvests. You will learn about a variety of topics, including:
- How companion planting is an extension of this basic format
- How it works in tandem with natural conditions and plant minerals to create the best produce
- How to prepare your garden and how to set the right system in place
- About each possible combination
- About how perennials and shrubs coexist
- The fundamentals of companion planting care and seasonal care of your plants
From the top tips and methods for this style of gardening to which plants bring good insects and which ones keep pests away, you will learn everything you need to know to plot out and plant your perfect garden.