Doing Language Arts in Morning Meeting: 150 Quick Activities That Connect to Your Curriculum
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Kate Umstatter;Jodie Luongo;Joan Riordan
- Publish Date: 2015-02-12
Boost students' language arts skills without adding to your schedule!
Do you start the day with Morning Meeting? If so, you can use some of that time to reinforce students' language arts learning. These fun, lively activities enable you to seamlessly integrate language arts into a daily Morning Meeting.
You'll find language arts activities for each component of Morning Meeting greeting, sharing, group activity, and morning message. From reading poetry with sound effects to pantomiming idioms to guessing which character someone's describing, these activities are varied, challenging, and confidence-building. Features that make them easy to use:
- Clear, step-by-step directions
- Can be used with any curriculum
- Few or no materials required
- Variations and extensions for language arts lessons
- Activities sorted by grade, but can be adapted for any grade
This book helps you inspire students' interest in language arts and give them practice in key skills all while enriching and enlivening your Morning Meetings.