Osborn's Brain, 1e
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Anne G. Osborn MD FACR
- Publish Date: 2012-11-29
Comprehensive, visually appealing, and easy to understand, Osbornâs Brain, by the highly esteemed Dr. Anne G. Osborn, provides a solid framework for understanding the complex subject of brain imaging. Ideal for radiologists, neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons, and neurologists at all levels, it combines essential anatomy with gross pathology and imaging, clearly demonstrating why and how diseases appear the way they do. The most immediate must know emergent diagnostic topics are followed by non-emergent pathologies, integrating the most relevant information from Dr. Osbornâs entire career of accumulated knowledge, experience, and interest in neuropathology, neurosurgery, and clinical neurosciences.
- Covers the must-know aspects of brain imaging together with spectacular pathology examples, relevant anatomy, and up-to-date techniques in neuroradiology - perfect for those new to the field as well as the most experienced neuroradiologist.
- Begins with emergent topics such as trauma, nontraumatic hemorrhage, stroke, and vascular lesions, followed by infections, demyelinating and inflammatory diseases, neoplasms, toxic-metabolic-degenerative disorders, and congenital brain malformations.
- Features more than 3,300 stunning, high-resolution radiologic images and medical illustrations, all of which are annotated to describe the most clinically significant features.
- Includes Dr. Osbornâs trademark summary boxes scattered throughout, for quick review of essential facts.
- Helps readers think clearly about diagnoses, types of diagnoses, and the various pathologies that can affect the brain.