Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT 5th Edition (Volume 2)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Direct Hits
- Publish Date: 2012-09-24
Attention : For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Want a superior vocabulary? Let Direct Hits help.
Words are our tools for learning and communicating. A proficient and robust vocabulary is critical to success in school, business, the professions, AND standardized tests such as the PSAT and SAT. But even the most dedicated students dread memorizing long lists of seemingly random words. Like its companion book Core Vocabulary, Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary offers an approach that places the words in a context students can easily understand and remember.
Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary focuses on the level 4 and 5 words a student needs to score above a 650. The books include the following features:
- 215 of the SAT's most challenging words (those that often appear in Level 4 and Level 5 questions), not a phonebook-size list of words that never appear on the SAT
- Relevant, vivid, and memorable examples from popular movies, television, literature, music, historical events, and recent headlines
- A Fast Review with quick definitions
- A Final Review with critical reading and sentence completion questions just like the real SAT
- Chapters Seven and Eight present literary terms and key words from science and the social sciences
- Chapter Nine examines words with multiple meanings and uses, which have appeared with greater regularity on recent tests
- Chapters Ten and Eleven contain 131 level 5 words which were the answers to the most challenging sentence completion and Critical Reading questions on recent SATs